The Center provides a limited number of small-scale grants (up to $5,000) to support data purchases. Faculty members, postdoctoral fellows, and graduate students are invited to submit proposals for data purchases for research projects in macroeconomics and finance. Applications are considered and reviewed on a rolling basis. We invite you to contact us with questions about what is or not eligible. Preference will be given to interdisciplinary, policy-relevant projects that advance our understanding of theoretical and empirical methods in macrofinance. Preference will also be given to projects where the data license is not restricted to a single investigator.
JRCPPF-affiliated faculty members, postdoctoral researchers, students may apply individually or as groups. All student submissions must include a JRCPPF-affiliated faculty member as principal investigator or advisor.
How to Apply: Proposals should include
- A synopsis of the proposed research project noting why the data purchase is required, and names and affiliations of any co-authors. (max. 1 page)
- For student submissions, a brief letter of support from a JRCPPF-affiliated faculty advisor.
- A budget with a brief justification, and invoice if applicable.
- Licensing terms from the data owner/provider.
- Acknowledgment of JRCPPF funding in any presentations and published materials.
- An impact or status report sent to [email protected] within 12 months of the disbursement of funds.