Princeton University students placed second at the College Fed Challenge Competition for the Philadelphia Federal Reserve District, which was held at Lehigh University on November 7, 2019. College Fed Challenge is a team competition for undergraduate students. Teams analyze economic and financial conditions and formulate a monetary policy recommendation, modeling the Federal Open Market Committee.
At the Center
- Tuesday, Nov 12, 2019
- Wednesday, Nov 13, 2019View the video of Emmanuel Saez' book talk, "The Triumph of Injustice: How the Rich Dodge Taxes and How to Make Them Pay."
- Monday, Oct 14, 2019View the video of William Dudley's talk...
- Monday, Sep 16, 2019
A group of 42 graduate students from the Masters in Public Affairs and Masters in Public Policy programs gathered on September 5-7, 2019 for our intensive short course, Financial Markets for Policy Professionals. Now in it's 10th year, the course provides a framework for future public policy professionals to understand the operations of financial markets, the economic purposes they serve, and the laws and institutions by which they're regulated.
- Friday, May 31, 2019
JRCPPF congratulates our student associates in the Class of 2019! We wish them much success in their future careers.
Undergraduate Associates Class of 2019
Bassam J. Alalawi (Economics, Certificate in Cognitive Science)+
Hamza H. Chaudhry (Woodrow Wilson School, Certificate in History & Practice of Diplomacy)
Marina Finley (Woodrow Wilson School)
George Grealy (Economics)
Abhiram Karuppur (Chemical & Biological Engineering)+
Blaykyi Kenyah (Politics)
Ian Kim (Woodrow Wilson School)
- Friday, Mar 15, 2019
Catch up on all the speakers that you missed with Policy Punchline, a new, weekly podcast series launched by the Center. The series covers economics, finance, politics and policy-related discussions with scholars, policy makers, and business executives. Hosted by student associate Tiger Gao ’21, the podcast is fully run by students from Princeton and various other institutions. Each episode features a guest interview, offering insightful perspectives and a unique cultural and academic product to audiences beyond the Princeton community.
- Thursday, Jan 17, 2019Atif Mian sat with Heather Boushey for the latest installment in the Center for Equitable Growth's series "Equitable Growth in Conversation."
- Thursday, Jan 17, 2019JRCPPF mourns the death of Jack Bogle '51, founder of the most pro-consumer financial services company in the world.
- Tuesday, Dec 4, 2018Books by Glen Weyl, Ashoka Mody and Adam Tooze named among the best 5 business and economics books of the year.
- Tuesday, Nov 13, 2018FinTech has substantially lowered the costs of mortgage refinancing. What are the implications for the efficacy of monetary policy?