Jobs at JRCPPF
Senior Research Specialists
Our research center promotes research and teaching in financial markets and the macro economy with the aim of improving the design and implementation of public policies. Successful candidates will work under the general direction of Professor Atif Mian and will assist a group of Department of Economics faculty members (Markus Brunnermeier, Maryam Farboodi, Adrien Matray, David Schoenherr and others) in various aspects of their research. The research projects involve questions relating to macro and finance.
The position will include a variety of tasks that provide preparation for graduate school, such as:
- working with and managing large data sets,
- statistical analysis,
- coding optimization routines, and
- editing research papers.
In addition to working closely with faculty as research assistants, the successful candidates typically attend classes and seminars at Princeton and interact with post-docs, graduate and under-graduate students. The position is thus ideal for exceptional graduating seniors or final year masters students with a strong interest in pursuing a Ph.D. in economics after acquiring one or two years of research experience. Former research specialists are now pursuing PhD programs at NYU, Columbia and Duke University.
This is a one year position, with the possibility of renewal for one additional year.
- Applicants should have a minimum BA/BS degree in Economics or Math and excellent analytical, empirical, research and writing skills.
- Candidates with research experience are strongly preferred, especially those with experience in statistics or econometrics, including knowledge of statistical programming using STATA or Matlab.
- Knowledge of standard internet tools and HTML as well as familiarity with standard social science data source and with publishing software is desirable.
- Upon request, candidates should be prepared to submit transcripts and writing samples.
How to Apply
Postdoctoral Research Associates
The Julis-Rabinowitz Center for Public Policy and Finance (JRCPPF) at the Woodrow Wilson School at Princeton University seeks candidates for postdoctoral research associate or more senior research positions starting September 1, 2018.
Primary criteria are the quality of the applicant's research and expertise in financial markets and macroeconomics. The candidate's work should link important policy questions with economic theory. The position provides an outstanding opportunity for independent research as well as opportunities for collaboration with Princeton faculty and graduate students. There are no teaching obligations.
Postdoctoral research associates are expected to participate actively in the intellectual activities of Princeton University. This is a 12-month term appointment. This position is subject to the University's background check policy.
- Applicants must have received a Ph.D. in Economics or Finance, preferably within the last 2 years (or expected by the end of spring 2018).
Our current Post-Doctoral Fellows are Dana Foarta, Ernest Liu and Nicola Limodio, to learn more about them go HERE.
How to Apply:
Click on the following links
If you have questions please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.